View Single Post
Old November 15 2012, 04:39 AM   #311
EmperorTiberius
Captain

Re: Charting the Novel-verse

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Newest update will be pretty straighforward for the most part--

In TNG core continuity, I will be adding

Typhon Pact: The Struggle Within By Christopher L. Bennett (Changing from working title to final title)
Typhon Pact: Brinksmanship by Una McCormack

Cold Equations by David Mack--

The Persistance of Memory
Silent Weapons
The Body Electric

The Stuff of Dreams by James Swallow

Adding "Cold Equations" note to "Immortal Coil".

In DS9, Adding
Typhon Pact: Plagues of Night
Typhon Pact: Raise the Dawn
The Fall: (Final title unannounced) all by DRG3

VOY: Adding
The Eternal Tide-Beyer
Unnamed Beyer book

ENT
Rise of the Federation-- Bennett

VAN
Add "In Tempest Wake" by Dayton Ward

Typhon Pact--

RBoE TOS/DS9--DRG3
Plagues TOS/TNG/DS9 --DRG3
Dawn DS9-- DRG3
Brinksmanship TNG/AVE- Una McCormack

Creating DTI sub-catagory.

TOS is a little less straightforward and I can use a little help. I know "Rings of Time" is consistent with DTI, and "In Tempest Wake" is consistent with VAN, but other TOS works are more stand-alone than novel-verse friendly.

I have "A Choice of Catastrophes" listed, but am not really sure if there is anything there to tie it to the novel-verse. Haven't read "That Which Divides" yet, so I could some help with that one.

Upcoming TOS works include, "Shock of Adversity" by William Leisner, "Shadows of History" by Dayton Ward, "Alligence in Exile" by DRG3, "The Weight of Worlds" by Greg Cox, "The Folded World" by Jeff Mariotte and "Devil's Bargain" by Tony Daniel and I have no idea yet if any of these will be novel-verse friendly. I shall be making enqueries.

Is there anything that's been released/announced that I may have missed?
Can any of these books be picked up if you haven't been following them for a while or do I need to get on memory alpha and see what happens before I buy one? I haven't read a Trek book since Rise Like Lions, and that's an alternate universe, so I'm even more behind than I thought.
EmperorTiberius is offline   Reply With Quote