View Single Post
Old November 15 2012, 01:06 AM   #634
NewHorizon
Captain

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

davejames wrote: View Post
TheSeeker wrote: View Post
Not to steel FrontierTrek's thunder, but here are some more screencaps from S2.
I don't care what people say. I think those shots look really damn good.

Yeah the ship is lit a bit different than in S1, but it still looks about a GAZILLION times better than the DVD version. And that's good enough for me.
Considering they edited the show on video tape, anything is going to look better than the old DVD's. That's not really saying much for the work presented here.

Had Season 1 been this quality and we never knew it was possible for the original footage to look so outstanding, I would agree with you but Season 1 looked light years better than this.

It's more than just the ship looking a 'little' different. In the shots they're showing, the layers don't even appear to blend with each other half the time. Starfields look uprezzed, planets are blurry and pixelated looking. Lighting is flat. It's a mess. The new composits don't even look as good as the old standard def ones, in technical terms.

CBS expects us to pay for that? NO way. I'll buy Seasons 3,5,and 7 but I'm not spending one single dime on anything HTV-Illuminate touches, unless their quality suddenly takes a massive increase on seasons 4 and 6.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote