View Single Post
Old November 14 2012, 12:42 PM   #36
Fleet Captain
Re: Firefly first-time/rewatch

Miss Lemon wrote: View Post
I'm sorry lurok, I had no time to watch my new DVD this evening, because I had some urgent business to attend to... buying new light switches.

But seriously, I wouldn't mind at all if you decided to post a review of the pilot before Thursday.

BTW, my Pinot Grigio was a bit blant.
Since the OP has watched the Pilot, and Lemon said she wouldn't mind us starting, I took that as a green light.

Another thought I had watching the first episode. The Reavers are supposed to be wacked-out crazies living on the edge of sanity. We'll see just how wacked-out pretty soon. The Reaver ship passes Serenity and keeps going wherever they are going. Serenity lands on the moon. Suddenly, the Reaver ship turns around and homes in on Serenity's (nearly) exact location! What are the odds and what kind of equipment would it take to do that? Talk about finding a needle in a haystack. And wacked-out lunatics were able to do it? Really seems one of those too-convenient/because the plot called for it moments.

I liked Patience as a villain or foil. Had the series continued, I'd have liked to revisit her again. Glad that Badger kept returning.
Shawnster is offline   Reply With Quote