View Single Post
Old November 14 2012, 02:49 AM   #31
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: Did we know about the Borg sooner?

Oso Blanco wrote: View Post
AllStarEntprise wrote: View Post
The events of First Contact should technically push Enterprise in to an alternate reality. With the Borg Drones left over in the artic region of Earth and all. Make sense really, the events of FC creating an alternate timeline that is subtly different but close enough to the original timeline where the first contact with the Borg was 'Q Who' and not ENT's 'Regeneration'.
That's what I've been saying all along! Enterprise being set in an alternate timeline because of what happened in First Contact would be a logical way to explain away all the discrepancies between Enterprise and TOS/TNG.

I'd even go a step further and say that Star Trek XI is a continuation of the alternate timeline that Enterprise happened in. This would be the only way I can think of to explain the differences to the original timeline in that movie. The differences that were not caused by Nero.
How do we explain the discrepancies between TOS and TOS? Is each episode a different reality? How about Encounter at Farpoint which claims Data graduated from the Academy as part of the class of '78, another alternate timeline?

Psion wrote:
It was just as entertaining whether it was showing the history of TOS, the history of JJ's Trek, or the history of an altogether different universe that might play out quite differently by the time the 23rd century rolled around.
It's already both.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote