View Single Post
Old November 13 2012, 08:39 PM   #1864
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2012

Del Toro on his Strain adaptation for TV:

While speaking to MTV, Del Toro talked about adopting a new style and tone for the series.

"Basically I'm trying to do what I do in my movies which is to show it as a reality, but as a reality that is stylized. It's not like "CSI" or "The Wire," it's real but it feels a little stylized. But the way the camera work will be is very realistic. We want to keep the camera very documentary even if the look of the show is not. The look of the show is very designed. The style of the camera and the storytelling will be very loose.

The Strain centers on a vampire that infects New York. Del Toro wants to use fear and paranoia, to make it a reality-based horror. You can also expect all the blood and gore the director's known for.

"It will certainly be brutal," said Del Toro. "We are a TV show, we are restrained about how much human gore we can show, but we will be pretty brutal. If you read the novels and you read the comic, there are very, very harrowing human dynamics in the 3 books. Because the vampires in the books, the first people they want to kill are the people they love, so that's gonna be pretty hardcore [laughs]."
TV is restrained about gore? If this show is on cable (and it sure doesn't sound like a broadcast show!) then he can have buckets of blood everywhere.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote