View Single Post
Old November 13 2012, 08:38 PM   #117
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: We haven't had a conversation about tipping in awhile

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
SonOfMogh wrote: View Post
I'm in the UK, and I find this tipping thing very strange....... It seems to be creeping in there in certain restaurants, and some people I know tip, others do not.

Why the HELL do the employers not increase all prices by 10% or whatever and give all staff a payrise? I can't get my head around being given a price on a menu and then discovering the person who brought the food from the kitchen is not getting paid enough to carry out even that basic function- surely the employer has it wrong.

I'd prefer the option to go to the kitchen and collect my own food and then wash up, if the waiter/waitress service is mandatory then employers need to pay their staff more and include this cost in their pricing structure.
Honestly, if servers were paid a "real wage," they'd probably make less money than with the current system of tipping in the US.
Then maybe the people griping about poor tips should knock it off, lest they get their wish.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote