View Single Post
Old November 13 2012, 06:37 PM   #106
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Re: Louisiana petitions Obama for secession.

Condescending? You bet. Mockery? You bet. Guess what, condescension and mockery are context dependent. And in this case, every bit of it is deserved. A lot of these people who are calling for this are, I'm quite sure, the same ones that witter on about how this nation is a Christian nation, etc, etc., etc. In some cases, they even tried to suppress the vote, and now they are upset and feel that their votes somehow didn't count or didn't matter. What a classic example of a reversal of fortune!

What they are proving is their idolatry - they worshiped politics and now they are mad because their brand of politics lost. are now, when they carry on about the taking down your flags in mourning or calling for secession, and acting otherwise like a band of toddlers who are mad and want to take their marbles from the playground because of the mean people who won fair and square, dancing around an idol the same way that the prophets of Jezebel danced around Baal and mutilated themselves just before Elijah called to Yahweh and God actually answered. Let me remind you of their fate: The people saw the truth in that moment, and they seized and had them all killed. Low trust in God (so much for "in God we trust") + high trust in politics = idolatry.

Elijah also mocked them repeatedly as they mutilated themselves as they prayed to Baal. From i Kings 18: At noon Elijah started making fun of them; "Pray louder! Hi is a god! Maybe he is day-dreaming or relieving himself, or perhaps he's gone off on a trip! Or maybe he's sleeping, and you've got to wake him up!" So the prophets prayed louder and cut themselves with knives and daggers, according to their ritual, until blood flowed. They kept on ranting and raving until the middle of the afternoon; but no answer came, not a sound was heard.

Mockery is context dependent. Some don't like the mockery that is being offered. Guess what, they deserve it; that's why they are being mocked. Right now, I agree, because they are acting just like these men. I say to them to "pray harder" and maybe you will be allowed to secede.

I am also very thankful for a pastor in my local church who stood up in his pulpit this past Sunday night and told some of our own congregants that publicly, , and don't for a minute think this is some liberal Presbyterian pastor preaching - we're a PCA church, where you can be Baptist like me and still be part of the congregation, but the governing confession is the Westminster Confession itself. That is hardly a "liberal" church.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Peacemaker is offline   Reply With Quote