View Single Post
Old November 13 2012, 01:48 AM   #429
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Re: My Trek Through Enterprise: Season One

Skywalker wrote: View Post
lurok wrote: View Post
I tend to skip Storm Front on repeat viewings. It's not that they're completely unwatchable but I prefer to go from Zero Hour to Home, prob for same reasons as you and ZR.
Same here. I just like to pretend that everything after Archer blew up the Xindi weapon didn't happen. Like he was able to beam himself to safety or someone beamed him to safety, whatever. I'm normally pretty easy on B&B compared to a lot of folks around here, but I have no idea what they were thinking when they wrote that little "cliffhanger." They didn't have a guarantee of Season Four happening at the time, right?
I dunno about season 4 possibly not happening, but a hanger that terrible seems the best way to make it happen. But I agree with the above sentiments... if I rewatch, I just pretend Storm Front didn't happen.... and Terra Prime is the finale. Season 4 had a lot going for it, but the pilot and finale as presented really were bad.

And that map in Storm Front really annoys me. I get it, you want evil Nazi's in the US! (Oh no!) But think about the strategic implications for JUST ONE SECOND. If the Nazi's and their handwaved invasion fleet are invading the US, they would have to attack Canada first to seize Halifax. The zoomed out version of the pic S/U fan posted shows Canada that apparently was at peace with Germany even those they were in the war before the US in reality. But we can't even have consistent BS here can we?

Home is a better episode and really brings a nice resolution/reflection to the Xindi arc, so you have something to look forward to!