View Single Post
Old November 12 2012, 06:09 PM   #610
Jaro Stun
Captain

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

NewHorizon wrote: View Post
senten wrote: View Post
1. S2 HD remaster isn't up to the standard of CBS-D's job on S1.
Yeah, I get the feeling that the two teams just aren't on the same page...a side effect of them working independently of each other when they really should have found a way for CBS-D to oversee both projects to ensure the effects work was consistent. What I've seen so far falls flat.

Sorry to sound like a whiner, I don't mean to come off that way but if the whole Season 2 is like the shots we've been seeing, it will be a huge let down after Season 1.
Yeah, honestly I try to love it as much as I can, and I will be getting the set because it will be best TNG format available anyway, but I feel disappointed.
The proof of it is (for my own conscience), I'm no longer looking forward so much to S2, I switched to saying to myself, S3 is back at CBS-D.

I don't know why S2 is not given the same care as S1, but I suspect money. And the usual greed to get more for less.

Nobody looking objectively at those screencaps can say they have the same level of detail as S1 did. At least not in effect shots.

Overall I hope this gets fixed for S4, I would hate to have 2-quality levels in e.g. BOBW episode.

Last edited by Jaro Stun; November 12 2012 at 06:21 PM.
Jaro Stun is offline   Reply With Quote