View Single Post
Old November 12 2012, 03:56 PM   #67
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: Louisiana petitions Obama for secession.

[QUOTE=Sector 7;7242727]
shivkala wrote: View Post
Louisiana was only the first of 15 states currently, to have filed petitions to secede.

As of Saturday November 10, 2012, 15 States have petitioned the Obama Administration for withdrawal from the United States of America in order to create its own government.

States following this action include:... North Carolina,...and I don't get the sense any of the Legislatures of the states are behind this.

As of the time the article was written, Louisiana is 17,642 signatures from the President even considering their petition.
North Carolina, where I live, has NOT officially petitioned the US to secede. These petitions are NOT official documents presented by the states in question.
Yeah, that's my point. The article and people here seem to be interpreting this as the states officially petitioning. It's not. It's individuals creating a petition on a website. It's the modern day equivalent of Joshua Abraham Norton pronouncing himself "Emperor of America."
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote