View Single Post
Old November 12 2012, 01:58 AM   #71
Kommander
Commodore

Re: I need to run this by some people...

I know there's a stereotype about Trekkies and everything, but, am I really coming off like I've never talked to a woman before and I don't know how social interaction works?

Don't answer that.

I'm not anxious about this because I don't know what to do, I'm anxious about it because I'm starting to like this girl a lot, it seems to be mutual, and feeling anxious in such a situation is natural. I could just pretend that the anxiety doesn't exist, but when I've done that in the past it doesn't actually help. So instead, I focus on the anxiety, I allow it to exist, and a lot of times, I try to make myself more anxious. When I do this, I work through it, eventually calm the fuck down. Even if I'm still slightly anxious at that point, it doesn't seem like a big deal and doesn't interfere with my actions as much.

As for the guide:

The Guide wrote:
The second most important thing when it comes to dealing with women is Confidence. The most important thing is to not be a sodding git, but the inability to respect and treasure women is an affliction no pamphlet can cure; therefore, if you are so hobbled, please either burn this or pass it on to someone worthier forthwith.
Um, yeah... I'm going to go ahead and not read it if that's okay with you.