View Single Post
Old November 12 2012, 01:42 AM   #8
J. Allen
Science Is Magic™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Now That John Logan Has Proven Himself, What Went Wrong With Nemes

Dream wrote: View Post
They should have gotten a writer that actually UNDERSTOOD Trek. Insurrection might have been a bit boring at times, but it always felt like a TNG movie.

They also should have gotten Jonathan Frakes to be director again. He has been with TNG from the start as an actor and already directed multiple TNG episodes and two TNG movies. I think most of the character driven deleted scenes would have stayed in had he been behind the camera, and the movie wouldn't feel like a generic action movie that happened to feature TNG characters.
Nah. Nick Meyer directed one of the most popular Star Trek movies to date, the other one still being well received, and he knew next to nothing about Star Trek. So it had less to do with knowing Star Trek, and more to do with knowing how to make a well designed movie.
Brony Kingdom
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote