View Single Post
Old November 11 2012, 12:11 PM   #219
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Uh, Singer had a lot of involvement in First Class.

Besides coming up with the initial story treatment that swayed 20th Century Fox into making the film, he was originally hired to direct. After dropping out due to scheduling conflicts, he remained a very active producer. I've seen behind-the-scenes videos where you can see Singer on set.

Singer's influence is felt very strongly in First Class. Everything from the set design to the continuity to the cameos of actors from the previous movies. It's very much a prequel to Singer's movies, and Singer's mark is all over First Class. Now, it is still very much Matthew Vaughn's movie, but if you watch interviews with Singer during the time of the press junkets for First Class, you can just see how involved he was from beginning to end.

Regardless, I'm extremely excited that Singer is returning to direct Days of Future Past. I'm following him on Twitter, and just the other day he tweeted about a late night writing session with Simon Kinberg. It's kind of surreal that Singer is returning to X-Men in a directing capacity. I honestly thought I would never see this happen. Plus, adapting one of my all-time favorite X-Men storylines?

It's like a dream come true.