View Single Post
Old November 11 2012, 09:49 AM   #599
Scotty
Rear Admiral

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

After seeing this new trailer I have actually stopped worrying. Apparently the rest of you are not seeing what I am seeing because IMO Dan Curry and his team have remained faithful to the original effects work. I for one love the planets. Although I loved CBS D's work on season 1, they often (had to) replace original effects with new CGI effects. Those look great, but when you look for example at the planet effects in season 1, they don't look like the planet effects we knew from TNG in later seasons. Dan Curry's team seems to have been much more succesful in keeping that TNG aesthetic and feel and I for one am glad.

Same goes for keeping the original explosion effects. CBS D replaced all explosion effects with new CGI effects, perhaps out of necessity. But I'm glad that Dan Curry's team is sticking to the original filmed effects wherever possible.

I reserve the right to change my opinion of course. And I would advise against drawing any conclusions before you've seen the final product. Don't judge the restoration on a couple of low res pictures and a poorly encoded youtube trailer.