Never got to start one of these before...
Got it and watched it. My reaction was mixed.
- Liked the Lizard/Dr Conners for the most part. Minor issues with the design of Lizard's face, but not a "deal breaker".
- Liked most of the secondary casting (Aunt May, Uncle Ben, et al).
- Liked Emma Stone as Gwen.
- Liked Andrew Garfield (Peter) eventually, but it took me almost 3/4 of the film to warm up to him. His early performance was too edgy, almost emo, both as Peter and as Spidey. I think that was the way he was told to play it, because by the end he'd settled down nicely and was a much more Spidey-like.
- LOVED the crane scene. Hearkened back to the "You mess with one of us you mess with ALL of us!" scene in the first Rami film. Brought tears to my eyes to see the City help the Web-Head.
- Didn't like the pacing. The story took too long to get going.
- Didn't like tying everything into Oscorp. Osborne is only ONE of Spidey's villains, but the modern mythos has turned him into an all-powerful, omnipresent, Lex Luthor type menace.
Over all, it was acceptable.
On the technical side, the DVD had some decent extras (a rarity for the DVD version these days), including Deleted Scenes, producers' commentaries, a behind-the-scenes viginette about the stuntwork, and a concept art gallery.