View Single Post
Old November 10 2012, 01:21 PM   #91
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Grading & Discussion

Candlefright wrote: View Post
BenRoethig wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Not bad. While nothing about this jumps out and makes me say "totally awesome" webisodes 1 and 2 were decent and enjoyable.

On th nitpick side, the Viper simulator Adama was in at the start of webisode 1 seems just a bit too advanced for this point in the BSG verse. That thing could rival Trek holodecks.

Expanded hangar deck and CIC annoy me a bit. Okay, yes, this is supposed to be Galactica in its hey day as opposed to the series which showed Galactica about to be retired. But all they seem to be doing is showing off differences which otherwise have no real relevance to the plot. This feels like whenever Star Trek does alternate futures where we see the ship look different and dwell on it for no particular reason.
I didn't have a problem with it. They were showing Galactica as a brand new boat before all the postwar technology regressions.
Pegasus has simulators on board but Galactica didn't. Just means that by the time the fall of the colonies rolled round Galactica had gotten rid of hers.

Just because we never saw any on screen doesn't mean they weren't as advanced as that.
I always thought the Pegasus flight simulators were basically a variation of flight simulators that exist in the real world. And let's be honest, if we ever saw them in the series, that's how they would have been shown.

teacock wrote: View Post
Okay thanks to another member I have watched it. Loved it. Confused over Mike Dopud being cast as yet another character. In a world featuring many copies this seems an odd choice unless it's supposed to mean something. Lots of Caprica in this.
As others have pointed out, Vancouver productions are constantly re-using actors. Mike Dopud has had four roles in the Stargate franchise, two of which worked for the Lucian Alliance. Not to mention Caprica re-used quite a few actors who had well-known recurring roles on BSG. And on top of that, Ryan Robbins had two roles within BSG itself (Charlie Connor throughout seasons 3 and 4, Armistice officer in the mini) and a role on Caprica.

No, there's nothing unusual about Dopud being here. Though I am disappointed that this is another jerk role which he seems to be typecast in. Aside from his character on SGU everyone he's played that I've seen him is a jerk.