View Single Post
Old November 10 2012, 12:37 AM   #41
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.
Re: I need to run this by some people...

Kommander wrote: View Post
Not a damn thing, really. Although, I've noticed I seem to be attracted to women who are extremely emotionally unstable. I seem to be moving away from that type, but I've been wrong about that before.
Not to make you paranoid but speaking from experience you might just be filtering out the overt ones and the subtle ones are still ringing your bells for whatever psychological reasons they do.

When I ask someone out, what I'm saying is "I like you, and dating seems like a fun idea. What do you think?" but what they seem to hear is "I'm into you, I want you, and I will not give up until I have you." It's kind of understandable, as a lot of men are like that, but it puts a stop to friendship developing. Although, if a woman is determined to make assumptions about me and not listen to anything I have to say that goes against those assumptions, there's really not much I can do.
I put that down to age, people become more pragmatic and willing to compartmentalize and negotiate as they get older. But it's true that once you're burned by a "friend" who can't stop pursuing you or making you uncomfortable by trying to change the parameters of the relationship every few months it makes a person very wary. It's easy to assume that it will always go down that way.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote