View Single Post
Old November 9 2012, 10:02 PM   #62
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept
Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Grading & Discussion

milo bloom wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Q2UnME wrote: View Post
Just watched webisodes #1 & #2 and I can say "I'm all in". Nice nods to Caprica and NuBSG. Didn't much care for the "new and expanded" flight deck, took away from the reality they were trying to create, Ended up being more of a distraction than anything else. Acting so far is pretty good and story is fairly engaging so far. Only thing that comes to mind as for why SciFi tanked this (so far) is cost. Looks expensive as hell and could use a little further visual refinement.

Q2
Yea, and not just cost, but, resources also. It took them a year to do the effects, they couldn't possibly run a 13 or 20 episode a year series like that.
I don't get that, they did it all digital to save money, and even if it took a while to get all the digital sets created, now that they have them shouldn't the process be quicker going forward?
I do think it would be quicker. One would assume the VFX team has already established a workflow and the majority of assets have been created (ships, sets etc). and creative re-use of 'stock footage' could eventually make it a smooth operation. The slow part would be the final rendering and composition.