View Single Post
Old November 9 2012, 05:46 PM   #48
Jimi_James
Lieutenant Commander

View Jimi_James's Twitter Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Grading & Discussion

It's not hitting the same cords that BSG or Caprica hit with me, but I definitely enjoyed it enough to stick with it.
The CGI sets and backgrounds, give it a more Caprica sort of feel, rather than the real world practical feeling that was established with BSG...which is largely what I liked about Galacitca to begin with. The ship felt real, like it could actually exist, while this version, while fully armored and decked out with more firepower certainly looked cool, felt more like a CGI space ship.

I wasn't thrilled with the larger more active flight deck and CIC and felt that it definitely took something away from what originally made Galactica feel so unique.

I also don't like the gunmetal gray Vipers. The Mark II's look better with a paint job. I actually prefer the design of the older Raptors that they're using now.

All that being said, it's good to be back in this universe, even if it's just for a couple of short 12 minute episodes.

My YouTube Gaming Channel