View Single Post
Old November 8 2012, 09:59 AM   #10
Kommander
Commodore

Re: I need to run this by some people...

Festering Esper wrote: View Post
I'm the last person to be giving you advice on women, so I won't. Just wanted to wish you luck.
Years ago I thought the same thing about myself, yet now I'm going to school because I want to be a sex therapist when I grow up. Life is funny like that sometimes.

teacock wrote: View Post
I think whatever title you use you should illustrate it with a train going through a tunnel.
I think instead I should include a picture of me licking half a grapefruit. I've got to appeal to my audience.

I finished the story. It's about a man and woman that met while on vacation getting ready to part ways. I wrote from the man's perspective, that hes' interested in the woman but is unsure if she's interested in him. I then copy/pasted the dialogue and wrote the same exchange from the woman's perspective, expressing similar thoughts. I also poked some fun at traditional gender roles, which might be of some use in my Psychology of Gender class. Might as well try to get more than one use out of it.

I changed the title to Oblivious. Seemed appropriate. I also managed to write a first-person female character and I didn't use the phrase "that time of the month" even once. That's got to be some sort of accomplishment.

I'll let everyone know how this goes tomorrow. I'd say it's 50/50 that I chicken out and tell the girl I didn't write anything.
Kommander is offline   Reply With Quote