View Single Post
Old November 8 2012, 02:19 AM   #10
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: Exit stage right

I was just watching "The Time Monster" a little while ago and I recall that one of the TARDISes had its entrance on the right. Although, I think that might have been the Master's TARDIS.

And during Season 14 when Tom Baker was using that brown, wood panneled control room, the entrance sort of seemed more upstage than anything, although it did perhaps trend more towards the left than the right.

diankra wrote: View Post
Also, The Sensorites is one of the occasional early stories when they do a 'flow through' - the camera follows them out of the doors, and then (after a really clever cut) the policebox is there where the TARDIS interior seemed to be.
Speaking of flow throughs, there's this partial fanfilm called "Devious" included on the bonus feature of "The War Games" (included because it features a mid-regeneration Doctor who is actually in between his 2nd & 3rd incarnations and Jon Pertwee makes a cameo at the end of it). In it, there's a scene where the Doctor walks entirely around the TARDIS 360 degrees, touches its surface at a few points, and then walks inside and the camera follows him through the doors and it all appears as a single seamless shot. I've never seen anything like it, not even on the new series, and I have absolutely no clue how they did it. Does anyone know how they pulled off that shot?

Here's the video. The scene I'm talking about starts at about 4:41.