View Single Post
Old November 7 2012, 05:19 PM   #180
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles
Re: Castle Season 5 (including Spoilers)

Zombie Cheerleader wrote: View Post
Without his beard, Ed Quinn looks like the love child of Scott Bakula and Harrison Ford.
That's kind of what I thought, too — especially "scruffier" Ford in Star Wars.

Forbin wrote: View Post
Forbin wrote: View Post
Somebody needs to make a compilation DVD of TV shows with sci fi con spoof episodes. And dammit, I'm trying to think of others besides the CSI one and the She-Wolf of London one. I know there were more!
Ah! Seems Bones had one too.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1359122/
There was also an episode of the new Hawaii Five-0 involving a guy murdered at a sci fi convention, leading to a great scene where Steve and Danno talk to an attendee dressed as Captain Sisko, and make the mistake of addressing him as "Captain Kirk."

intrinsical wrote: View Post
Also, what's the reason Firefly was only mentioned as "that Joss Whedon show" when there were so many nods to Firefly in the episode?
They've made Firefly references before, but never use the series name. Two examples:

"For those of you playing the home game, this is what is known as a 'Prince Albert'. And I'm sure that was his last wish. 'Victoria, I'm dying. I want you to name a museum, a performance hall, and a bolt through the cock after me.'"
—Robin Williams, Live on Broadway
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote