View Single Post
Old November 7 2012, 05:56 AM   #383
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: My Trek Through Enterprise: Season One

Stratagem

So, I wonder if they ever mention why the Xindi thought humans would destroy their world. All information thus far as eluded to the Xindi being the cause of their own demise with humans having nothing to do with it. They did a great job of tricking Degra into helping them, though.

Maybe it's just me, but I think trying to get rid of the weapon so the Xindi can't use it is fine and all, but shouldn't they also be trying to eliminate and at least understand the reason why the Xindi created the weapon in the first place?

What they are doing, so far, is the equivalent of someone believes you are going to kill them, and so they shoot you. You find out that they are going to shoot you, so you try to make sure they don't have the gun (or weapon) they intend to use to do the job. But, this doesn't eliminate their belief that you are going to kill them, so won't they just keep trying, either by knife or their bare hands, etc.? If you could go back and eliminate the reason why (real or fake) they think you're going to kill them, then nobody's trying to harm anybody and you can cautiously move along, right? At least that's what I'm thinking, but maybe I missed something...

Grade: C minus
----------------

Harbinger

So, now we get to see that T'Pol is in love with Trip too because of her jealousy. And things move along from there. Malcolm really doesn't like Hayes, but at least they were able to work things out. I think this happened, unspoken, before Archer berated them. And it looks like the crew's visitor has something up his sleeve or is a part of something to put into play after the Earth/Xindi war.

Grade: B

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote