View Single Post
Old November 7 2012, 02:47 AM   #19
V
Commodore

Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Grading & Discussion

I'm not "worked up" or excited about this, but nor am I angry. Mildly curious, I guess. Sort of a just "we'll see what happens" attitude.

I suspect it will be worse than Caprica, I don't know.

I remember an interview where David Eick tried to spin why Caprica failed but how they'd fix that with Blood and Chrome.

He said he felt BSG was a good mix of "action and intellectual scifi", but Caprica was too esoteric and about scifi concepts, without any space-based ship battles.

...then he said, that their response is that Blood and Chrome will swing in the opposite direction, and have mostly action.

...which seems kind of silly; I mean he just said "BSG was good because it balanced both A and B", and "Caprica failed because it had too much B"....so..."now, we're going to make a show with mostly A".

Why not go for a balance again?

I'm fearful that it will be mostly action scenes and little drama or issues. BSG gained wider popularity for being a "scifi drama about political issues" and such.

What if Blood & Chrome is just an action movie, "humans good, Cylons bad, smash'em" ??

Well maybe Eick just gave an odd interview.

Really curious to see what they actually made.

***The biggest failure is that I think if Blood and Chrome was the prequel they made ORIGINALLY, it would be a full series today. When you think "prequel series" you think "First Cylon War"....not what Caprica was, whatever it was.

But its too difficult to make a second prequel after the first prequel failed. They should have started out with this.