View Single Post
Old November 7 2012, 02:23 AM   #24
V
Commodore

Re: Ron Moore interview on Wired.com: answers

Pilot Ace wrote: View Post

I mostly agree with V and Ian. The show just unraveled as it went on and it makes sense why with V's context here.

Well thanks, Pilot Ace, but I'm just some slob on the internet who paid attention to the DVD commentary.

degra wrote: View Post
nBSG had a really great first season and first half of the second season but then it went to pieces with the Cylons becoming bland cyphers, the infamous love rectangle, the poorly edited episodes, storylines abruptly dropped, the religious/spiritual mumbo jumbo filling in for the writers as puppetmasters of the characters, a mythology that was half-baked and ultimately went nowhere, the Ellen/Tighe/Caprica/baby saga, the undoing of Tyrol's paternity on his son, overdosing on angst, the focus on bland politics, the increase of mediocre filler, unlikeable characters who felt less like people and more like pawns in Moore's own little personal anti-Trek experiment--although I find it ironic he pines for the good 'ol Trek days. The critical praise went straight to Moore's head and led the series to eventually become a pretentious bore. I tend to think it is highly overrated.
Yeah. You covered that more succinctly than I did. Though I was trying to analyze more detailed, underlying causes for these failures.

I remember that the ham-fisted retcon that "oh...well Nicky wasn't Tyron's baby this whole time" was the point when even io9.com openly lost faith in Ron.

Last edited by V; November 7 2012 at 02:37 AM.