SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen in 2012

30) Boogie Nights - A- (1997)
31) Argo (2012) - A
32) Cloud Atlas (2012) - C
33) Flight (2012) - B+

There's only one other movie that surprised me more than Flight did this year, based purely on watching the trailer and coming out of the movie with an entirely different experience. That movie was "The Descendants". Based on the trailer, I went in expecting a comedy and came out thinking I saw one of the most depressing movies ever.

Well, here we have Flight, which is a movie I've been looking forward to because of Zemickis and because the trailer made it look really good and I like Washington. I thought this was going to be a story about someone who has to deal with the media pressure after being a hero and how does one go about with the "hero-worship" stigma.

That's not what this movie was about, and I walked out of the theater thinking it was a great movie for an entirely different movie. I really don't want to spoil the plot of the movie because I think the experience is a lot better if you go in having seeing the trailer and thinking only based on what you've seen from there. I'll just say this was a great character study movie and will say:

Theater: 14 (+1)
BluRay: 9
On Demand/TV: 4
Itunes: 6