View Single Post
Old November 6 2012, 04:48 PM   #366
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Re: My Trek Through Enterprise: Season One

Zombie Redshirt wrote: View Post
Cowboys in Space didn't even make much sense to me. Beyond the obvious time displacement bit. If they'd been there that long, and they had clear access to a post-industrial level of technology you think they'd have evolved. Maybe not as far as the rest of Earth being there weren't that many of them, but further than the old West.
Can't agree with you there. Remember, not only were they the only humans around, they'd lost all their written history. What would they re-create? Printing presses, when the population's too small to need anything beyond gossip? Trains? To go where?

I agree it would have fit better in the first two seasons, but I'm glad we got it at all.

Also: "North Star" made a hell of a lot more sense than the Firefly 'verse, and with about a hundredth of the affectation.

Zombie Redshirt wrote: View Post
Carpenter Street... ugh. More time travel. As if the Xindi weren't threatening enough with their Death Star ripoff now they're time travelling to destroy humanity too. Sad part is beyond driving home the point "the Xindi are bad" which I'd think millions of dead in Florida to Columbia would have established by now, it really serves no purpose to the overall arc save as a one shot "adventure."
Yeah, and what's this crap about needing samples of all blood types to create a supervirus? Last time I checked, most viruses (such as, say, HIV) don't give a damn if you B POS, AB, O...
Gaith is online now   Reply With Quote