View Single Post
Old November 6 2012, 01:52 AM   #86
FelizNavidad
Admiral

View FelizNavidad's Twitter Profile
Re: NHL Offseason

Timby wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I know everyone says that Bettman works for the owners and all that, but I think it's crystal clear that he has to go. Maybe it won't make a difference in the long run, but he is the worst commissioner in all of sports, and we might have 2 seasons cancelled in a period of 8 years under his watch. Owners don't like him (Or at least based on reports I've read saying a majority of the owners hate this lockout) and the Players hate his guts with a passion. For the sake of bringing the peace back to both sides, I don't see how Bettman survives this. His head is on the chopping block and the axe is about to swing.
Bettman serves at the owners' leisure. If he didn't have the support of ownership through all of this, he wouldn't be around. I don't think you understand just how much the hardline assholes like Jeremy Jacobs are obsessed with breaking the union above all else. Remember, the owners turned on John Ziegler in a nanosecond after he worked out the settlement to resolve the 1992 players' strike.
You're right, I don't understand, and I didn't really start becoming a fan of the league until the late 90s, but through all of this, how can Bettman keep his job? The Asswipe owners want to break the union, and the union wants Bettman gone. I think this is a great reason this year to not have a season and really get a long term deal and FIX this damn thing because right now, everything is broken.

sjsharksfan39