View Single Post
Old November 5 2012, 09:17 PM   #535
MikeS
Fleet Captain

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Scotty wrote: View Post
trekker670 wrote: View Post
I think the "letdown" many people are expressing is that these other extras were really hyped up and expected to be revolutionary, but IMO deleted scenes and bloopers are a routine (even expected) addition to most DVD/Bluray releases.
For crying out loud! Absolutely no-one implied that the extras would be revolutionary. If anyone is disappointed with these extra features they're just bloody ingrates IMO. For one we get deleted scenes, pretty much a first for Trek shows, if you disregard Ent. We're getting a totally remastered EXTENDED frigging version of Measure of a Man and audio commentaries. And let's not forget that all episodes have been remastered from 35 mm. What the hell more do you want?
Other than for you to lose the condescending attitude (IMO)? Nothing. We were/are all aware that the extra's are super. Wonderful. Unprecedented. But we were lead to believe there was more. I feel let down by the person that suggested this and feel I wasted my time reading his articles in the hope they would reveal the clues that were hinted at. Look at my post from late September. Notice how I indicate how chuffed I am with what had already been announced. Then call me an ingrate.

MikeS wrote: View Post
I'm enjoying reading your interviews, thanks for puting in the time.

This special feature you were talking about... Has it already been revealed? It's just that an interview with Muldaur, An extended version of Measure of a Man and commentaries to both that episode and Q Who? already feel like a feast of goodies and I'm left scratching my head as to what more there could be. I'm worried that I may be missing the "clues" in your interviews that you keep refering to.