View Single Post
Old November 5 2012, 06:12 PM   #46
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Which Captain would you want to serve under?

sonak's transporter ghost wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
My absolute preferred choice of Captain to serve with, would be Jellico. Without question.

Sure, he's a hardass. And not the most likable guy. But like I said, it's not his job to be your friend. I trust Jellico more than any other to carry out his mission efficiently, and not to throw away the lives of his crew needlessly.

you want a captain who doesn't care about crew morale and doesn't listen to his subordinates' views very much? OOOkay.

I guess when you're complaining that you're working twenty hour days for weeks at a time and he says "don't cry to me, get it done," you'll be satisfied that he's carrying out his mission efficiently.
There was no indication that was how Jellico normally carried out business. They were getting to be on the frontline of a possible war zone. It amazes me how many people leave that part out. It also amazes me how people leave out that he implemented shorter shifts, which is better for the crew.