View Single Post
Old November 5 2012, 03:38 AM   #341
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: My Trek Through Enterprise: Season One

^ Yes, I like to have my own first-hand opinion about things. Otherwise, you never really know.

rabid bat wrote: View Post
I think you've been through two Hayes episodes now (The Xindi and The Shipment). No mentions of Major Hayes. What do you think of him and the conflict with Lieutenant Reed?

FYI, Hayes is in only three more episodes - Harbinger, Hatchery and Countdown.
Sorry about that. I decided after Fight or Flight not to do full analytical reviews. I was kind of half-way doing them up to that episode and then just decided to post my overall impressions of episodes after that.

Anyway, Hayes. I like him, but I think he's a little too rigid. It's the kind of rigidity that comes from either not having enough experience (which I think is the case for Mr. Hayes) or being "set in your ways," which mostly applies to more senior and seasoned military leaders. That could prove to be a problem down the line, but so far I don't see an issue.

What Hayes showing up does bring about is Malcolm's insecurities. He has an "us vs. them" mentality as soon as the guy shows up. I do hope he can get over that and realize that he's earned his position and there's no need to fret. Over all, I think having more security on the ship is a plus. Hayes seems to be very duty-bound and honorable, as well as his team.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote