View Single Post
Old November 4 2012, 08:33 AM   #771
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

That is one of the reasons why I've been so against them using the Rock in this way. It just kills the title picture all together until Royal Rumble. We pretty much have known that Punk is not going to drop the title until at least the Rumble. Putting it on the Rock does nothing in my opinion. I said this about the match with Cena, and I'm saying it again. It's one thing if we knew for sure that Dwayne was going to be sticking around, but we know he isn't, no matter what he says in his promos or otherwise. It's a gimmick match. What are they going to do if Rock wins the title? Have him drop it back to punk the next night on Raw? What does WWE or the fanbase have to gain from that? Far as I know the Rock isn't close to setting any kind of title record. He doesn't need to be champion. Punk doesn't need him to be put over, even as a heel. Again, sounds stupid to me. They changed the stipulations of the Cena/Rock match over time from when it was announced, but it doesn't seem like they're going to do it this time.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote