View Single Post
Old November 4 2012, 12:51 AM   #195
Lord Garth
Captain

Re: 15 Reasons JJ "Ruined & Destroyed" Star Trek

newtontomato539 wrote: View Post
"Nero sucked! I must know who the next villain is!"
Actually, no. I'm sorry but I don't have to know. This doesn't even register on my list of priorities. Or, to put it more clearly: I really don't actually give that much of a shit.

Since I'm the one who brought it up, I thought I should clarify it. There's a distinct difference between it would be nice to know and having to know. Not the same thing.

I had some time to kill so I made a post on TrekBBS, having a discussion about Star Trek. That's as far as it goes. I think it's the reason most, if not all, people originally registered here in the first place.

It's still not Khan or Mitchell.
And that's fine if it's not.

While we're at it, and I know you're talking about the thread in general:

Oh goody, another "JJ raped my childhood" thread.
I never cared for the "raped my childhood" phrase. It's an insult to people who actually have been raped to joke around about it in another context. And I wish people would stop using that expression.

Do you know people who have been raped? I do. It's not something to joke about. It can be a harsh world out there, where terrible things happen. Things much worse than what does or doesn't happen in a movie.

Next time, you might want to reconsider the way you step into a thread where people are just having a conversation.

Last edited by Lord Garth; November 4 2012 at 01:17 AM.
Lord Garth is offline   Reply With Quote