View Single Post
Old November 3 2012, 10:32 PM   #629
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Wars Episode 7 - 2015

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post
^I think the Sith have to be the villains. The battle between the Jedi and Sith and light and dark both internally and externally are at the core of the Saga.
They (accidentally?) played a sound clip on NPR the other day during coverage of this story that sounded like audio from a trailer. I wonder if it was an accident because they started it playing while the journalist was talking, and they shut it off in the middle of it and acted like nothing had happened - didn't discuss or explain it at all. It had a woman's voice talking about how they had always known an ultimate confrontation would have to come between the Jedi and the Sith, and something about a Sith planet. I think you're right about the Sith, and I wish I knew where that clip came from.
JoeZhang wrote: View Post
By fanboys - if Disney wants to recycle the characters, it will without a second look, the money you spent on those books came in and was spent years ago.
I'll agree that this is true of the EU, including SOTE. But I can't help but think it might be somewhat *less* true of SOTE - it wasn't run-of-the-mill EU stuff, it was part of a big Lucasfilm/LucasArts push with book, video games, soundtracks, trading cards, comics, action figures, the works, and they incorporated references of elements from SOTE into the ROTJ radio drama and into the Special Editions of the Original Trilogy. Lucasfilm referred to it as an interquel. Given that there have always been varying levels of "canon" for Star Wars, I'd have to say that I think SOTE is closer to film-canon than just about any other part of the EU.