View Single Post
Old November 3 2012, 08:58 PM   #87
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral

Re: Coming July 2013: STAR TREK ENTERPRISE RISE OF THE FEDERATION

Christopher wrote: View Post
Jar Jar Binks wrote: View Post
Is that really true, though? Maybe there could have been another Enterprise in the years between 2161 and 2245, just with a different registry number. Unless, of course, it's been actually stated on-screen somewhere that the NCC-1701 was absolutely the first Enterprise in Starfleet and I just don't know about it, which is certainly possible.
It was stated onscreen. In "Trials and Tribble-ations," Sisko referred to NCC-1701 as "the first Enterprise" and O'Brien called it "the original Enterprise." Also, the dedication plaque for 1701-A says "Second starship to bear the name," B says "Third," and so on. Although in that case I would assume "the name" means "USS Enterprise" as opposed to just "Enterprise."
Bah! I can't believe I forgot those references. I just watched "Trials and Tribble-ations" relatively recently.

Yeah, I personally wouldn't have a problem with there being another Federation Enterprise existing prior to the NCC-1701, but if it's actually been stated in-universe that there wasn't, then there you go.
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote