View Single Post
Old November 3 2012, 08:51 PM   #86
Christopher
Writer

Re: Coming July 2013: STAR TREK ENTERPRISE RISE OF THE FEDERATION

Jar Jar Binks wrote: View Post
Is that really true, though? Maybe there could have been another Enterprise in the years between 2161 and 2245, just with a different registry number. Unless, of course, it's been actually stated on-screen somewhere that the NCC-1701 was absolutely the first Enterprise in Starfleet and I just don't know about it, which is certainly possible.
It was stated onscreen. In "Trials and Tribble-ations," Sisko referred to NCC-1701 as "the first Enterprise" and O'Brien called it "the original Enterprise." Also, the dedication plaque for 1701-A says "Second starship to bear the name," B says "Third," and so on. Although in that case I would assume "the name" means "USS Enterprise" as opposed to just "Enterprise."

Of course, all those references come from before ENT was created, and the existence of an earlier Enterprise is a retcon. But the best rationalization is that NCC-1701 was the first Federation starship of that name.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote