View Single Post
Old November 2 2012, 08:49 PM   #187
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Wars Dark Horse comics disscussion and comments

Kegg wrote: View Post
Reverend wrote: View Post
On the other hand there's the people who actually live on Mandalore who--according to TCW--appear to be trying to shake their millennia old reputation and heritage as a warrior culture in order to join the Alderanian pacifists' club.
Which, obviously, is exactly the opposite of how Traviss wrote her Mandalorians prior to the Clone Wars series, and she wrote her Mandalorians as existing during the time of that war (and even incoporating Mandalorian culture into the Republic army because Jango Fett).

My point was not a canon discussion of what Mandalorian means right now and more a reminder that it's been retconned a couple of times, and in this case because the TV series is 'more canon' than comic books or novels.
I wouldn't worry about it too much; just about everything written about the pre-ANH era has probably had to be "adjusted" to fit in with the prequels. Plus it's not like every novel, comic and game have been 100% consistent with each other even before that.

Plus, like I said, having an pacifist Mandalorian state doesn't preclude the existence of nomadic bands of Mandalorian traditionalists. It's a big galaxy.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote