View Single Post
Old November 2 2012, 06:55 PM   #24
Christopher
Writer

Re: Coming July 2013: STAR TREK ENTERPRISE RISE OF THE FEDERATION

hbquikcomjamesl wrote: View Post
I'm delighted. Although now I feel the need to re-read the Romulan War arc: I honestly don't remember how it ended.
Spoiler: Our side won.

Oh, well, I wanted to delay starting on the "Cold Equations" trilogy until the second volume comes out anyway . . .
Might be better to put off re-reading TRW until, ohh, June or so...

Of course, regarding uniform evolution, we also need to recognize that (at least in the "Prime" Universe) the "Cage" and "Where No Man Has Gone Before" uniforms fit somewhere between the "Kelvin" uniforms and the TOS uniforms.
Yup. And they and the Kelvin uniforms have a similarly muted color scheme. Plus the "Cage" uniforms included a captain's hat, which can be seen as a descendant of the baseball caps that were an optional part of the ENT-era uniforms.

Jarvisimo: I'm not sure what you mean about being "pedantic." It just seemed logical to me that the Federation Starfleet would have different uniforms than Earth Starfleet did, and I wanted to figure out what they looked like so I could acknowledge them in the book.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote