View Single Post
Old November 2 2012, 06:44 AM   #7
los2188
Commander

Re: The tale of the 2 Picards

SchwEnt wrote: View Post
Sure there were exceptions in certain eps and certain situations.

But TV Picard really wasn't a fisticuffs action hero. And by extension, TNG series wasn't primarily an action adventure series, it was more a science fiction drama.

I suspect TV Picard and TV TNG really weren't cut out for motion pictures--at least, not what Hollywood considers a "big screen sci-fi" movie.

Yet they kept trying to fit TNG and Picard in particular into sci-fi action flicks. That doesn't really ring true. And then going back to that again and again for each film only makes it worse.
Okay, with that said, would you agree that Insurrection had more of a TV Picard which didn't really work, but of course we had movie Picard in First Contact that did work and even to a lesser extent in Generations? I mean do you think there was a way to keep TNG as it was on TV, but to the big screen with a few added bells and whistles? When I ask that, I also mean couldn't the story of the movie alone be enough to carry the movie into a successful one? I think, however, it's safe to say that the stories in Generations, Insurrection, and Nemesis weren't, in my humble opinion, very good. Do you not agree?