View Single Post
Old November 1 2012, 12:01 AM   #52
NrobbieC
Commander

Re: Primeval: Canada

Christopher wrote: View Post
NrobbieC wrote: View Post
ARC had soldiers, the team just never wanted them.
Which is exactly my point. In the first season, they constantly used soldiers as backup even though they were just a small group of consultants. But in the second, they were part of a massive organization with a bunch of dedicated soldiers working specifically for them -- and they never bloomin' used them!! It was idiotic. I can see the storytelling reasons for wanting the protagonists to carry more of the burden of facing danger on their own, but if that was the writers' and producers' intention, then why create the ARC in the first place? Why give them more resources at the exact time you decided to show them using fewer resources? It never made any sense.
This drove Lester mad, hence why Beckett was brought in as a permanent presence on the team. Everything daft was to wind him up and everything bad was Helen's doing :P I haven't watched season 1 in so long, this needs doing. Sadly the spin-off made me miss Primeval instead of feel like it was back. I might watch a few more episodes, see where it's heading. At least the lead guy's good.
NrobbieC is offline   Reply With Quote