View Single Post
Old October 31 2012, 08:36 PM   #177
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: 15 Reasons JJ "Ruined & Destroyed" Star Trek

doubleohAHHHHHH!!!!! wrote: View Post
M'Sharak wrote: View Post
doubleohAHHHHHH!!!!! wrote: View Post
Some things never changed. Star Trek fans (some of them, anyway) are a rare breed - just about the only people who go out of their way to not enjoy something.
Eh, that sort of thing is hardly unique to Trek fans, otherwise we wouldn't already have had terms such as "wet blanket" (1655), "killjoy" (1770) or "party pooper" (1940) in the English vocabulary.
True. Though it sure seems like a hell of a lot of wet blankets seem to post here.
About what one would expect, though, no? A very small, very vocal minority would be drawn to Trek-oriented soapboxes such as this one, TrekWeb, TrekMovie.com, etc. as a place to vent and ventilate.

Sure, they could start their own little angry blogs, but how many will read those? TrekBBS is a ready-made audience, who may listen, and may choose to respond:

Or one can just as easily choose to disregard the whole thing and simply go on one's merry way to the next thread. Either works.
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote