View Single Post
Old October 31 2012, 01:43 AM   #11
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: Sooooo, Sisko never got to be a captain

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I got to the questions based on the subject of the thread, it sounded like the interviewer didn't know what she was talking about either. Not going to criticize Kate Mulgrew for being egged on. Besides, I like Kate Mulgrew and think she looks great with the Eye Patch.
No. The interviewer wasn't "egging her on," just asking about a comment Ms. Mulgrew already made previously. You can't egg someone on to make a comment they've already made.

kate mulgrew interview wrote:
Journalist: Mr. Shatner, not necessarily.
Well, there are only two captains who were lost in space who did seven years, okay? Deep Space Nine was a space station. Shatner only did three seasons. [Scott] Bakula was cancelled after four.

Journalist: Avery Brooks was only a commander.

That's what I'm saying, it was a space station. He wasn't in space, lost in space. Patrick Stewart and I – Picard and Janeway – were the only two intrepid, lost-in-space captains. I really think that's true, right?

Journalist: I agree.
Who here agrees?
[Everyone raises their hands, intimidated].
In addition to everything else people have brought up, including the fact that Sisko was a captain, what does the length of the series (or commanding location) have to do with being a "real" captain?? I'm sure Ms. Mulgrew is a very intelligent person, but my moron-meter hit a little a spike at the above.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote