View Single Post
Old October 31 2012, 12:23 AM   #1795
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2012

RJDemonicus wrote: View Post
There's going to be a Marvel tie-in series, so it's very likely there will be a Star Wars tie-in series.
I can see a live action TV series spinning off the first movie in exactly the same way, just like I can see a Star Trek TV series spinning off the third Abrams' movie and being announced after the second one debuts. Of the two, Star Wars is more likely, since Disney seems really gung ho about all this, but maybe seeing the action at Disney will light a fire under Moonves' ass.

And one of the OUAT writers is a big Star Wars fan, so bring on Darth Vader! In the first season, there was an episode about Rumplestiltskin that was essentially the story of Anakin Skywalker, except done right and in 40 or so minutes minus ads.

The Disney-owned ABC Studios produces a lot of adult-oriented shows like Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, and Revenge.
Which is a broadcast type of adult, very different from the Deadwood-esque series that Lucas was talking about. Really, it's just like Star Trek on TV - everything hinges on where they plan to show it. If it's on ABC, it will have to somehow have female appeal, but I can see them tapping into the fairy tale fantasy aspect of Star Wars so I don't think it's a big stretch.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote