Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old October 30 2012, 05:36 PM   #1755
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

Jeyl wrote: View Post
Reverend wrote: View Post
While I think it'd be great to see an all alien Mass Effect game, I just don't see it happening.
Yeah. It's not like they're full fledged characters or anything. Tali, Garrus, Wrex, Liara, they're just mere uninteresting peons next to the perfection that is James Vega. I can totally understand why out of all the characters that could have gotten their own dedicated story, Vega was the obvious choice.

My opinion? He's just another over-muscled male space marine that I've seen many times already.
^You did read the part where I said it'd be great, yes? The reason I can't see it happening is because I think think there's any way to convince EA's marketing people that people will be able to relate to the story without at least one human in the mix. I just don't credit them with very much imagination.

As for Vega, honestly, I was *very* sceptical about him prior to release, but he's really grown on me. There's certainly way more personality there than Jacob or even Kaiden (as he was in ME1)...but then the same could be said about the fish in your cabin.

Still, while he more than exceeded my expectations, I think Vega could still have used a little more development considering he was a new character. Even then though, he couldn't hold a candle to Liara, Tali, Garrus, Joker, EDI etc.
Reverend is online now   Reply With Quote