View Single Post
Old October 30 2012, 04:52 PM   #418
Seven of Five
Commodore

Re: Red Dwarf series 9 (or is it 10?) in 2012 confirmed by Craig Charl

Winnie The Pooh wrote: View Post
From what I gather they'd spent time doing rehearsals and readthroughs of the movie script as well as make up tests, then it never happened. When it came round to BTE they didn't ask him back because of budget issues and he went off the deep end slagging off not just Naylor but the cast as well and started demanding payment for the time spend on the movie that never was.
Oh that makes more sense. Whatever the case he comes across as totally bitter. He's doing a talk at a Forbidden Planet near me in January and it's a toss-up whether I feel like seeing him.

Holdfast wrote: View Post
If Holly does come back, I'd probably lean toward either Hayridge, or someone totally new with a not-dissimilar personality.
I loved female Holly. I think I liked her more than male Holly, which might be sacrilege. Perhaps Dave could opt for her as a way to get Holly in the new series somehow? Series X has been a big sucess so I can't see why they wouldn't do a new one. And maybe stump up more cash?

Stranger things have happened.