View Single Post
Old October 30 2012, 03:06 AM   #317
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

wissaBOO wrote: View Post
Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
According to "Talking Dead" afterwards, the writers threw that in as one of them loves tea and showing up to work in a jacket & tie, etc. It's a neat character quirk, and I doubt it has any additional significance, though it does help set him apart as a person.

Plus, I think it's only natural if you group of survivor has a resident educated guy, to put him to wokr trying to understand the zombie menace. It does grow the universe a little without really fundamentally altering it; although now in TWD if anyone ends up on the road by themselves, they should disable their closest walker, lop off the arms and jaw, and feel a BIT safer in the wilderness thereafter.

Mark
I'm not buying that tea observation. And he was going to add something after but the host interupted him and changed the topic.

the people there are all a little stepford wife-ish. And Andrea drank the tea and got all docile after.
Still got 3 pages of comments to read, so sorry if this is beaten to death from here to there.

Yea, I already had a Stepford feeling watching the episode, and then it was driven home with The Talking Dead, "In Memoriam" segment that ended with a placard "Welcome to Westbury, Enter at your own Risk", and then I got an especially major Stepford, CT, USA vibe from the town

I'm not sure it was necessarily wise, wiping all the Military guys out. I mostly justify it by the fact they abandoned their posts, instead of surviving after fighting to the last man. If it hadn't been for that, I would think he'd want to keep the low ranking or easily influenced, at least

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote