View Single Post
Old October 29 2012, 08:52 PM   #82
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Re: Boardwalk Empire - Season 3 (Discussion, Spoilers)

I also liked the insight we got into Rosetti's life and his motivation fitting in with the theme of how one can relate to God in this world.
I also liked how we got to see a different side to Nucky and to Margaret (with her it was more the way Nucky used to see her, I guess). I wonder how their relationship will develop.
I suspected James' Mum would kill fake James though I didn't realise it would be part of a larger plan until it happened. It was painfully awkward seeing them together so I don't mind but I wonder how this will upset things further. I mean, there are some people who know that Jim's been dead for a while and I'm pretty sure Harrow will know that the dead guy in the bathtub isn't Jimmy. It's going to be interesting to see what he'll do about that.

By the way, I can never get over how almost everyone seems to have a telephone in the show, in the 20s. Does anyone know how realistic that is? I mean it could be and it's probably just my personal hang-up because I come from a country where only about 11% of private households had a telephone in 1989, just before it ceased to exist.