View Single Post
Old October 29 2012, 06:50 PM   #298
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Spooky Cat wrote: View Post
Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
The Governor is one fucked up in the head son of a bitch...keeping zombie heads floating in aquariums? And sitting there staring at them? What a sick fuck.
And don't forget him killing all the soldiers from that National Guard unit.

I haven't read the comics, but the Govenor seems like a serial killer to me.

It's the zombie apocalypse. Technically, isn't everyone a bit serial killer-ish by this point?

The Governor is clearly a nutter, but there is method there and remember, it wasn't just him, but a whole bunch of his men that slaughtered those soldiers. The mens' ability to control the people of Woodbury hinges on everyone looking to them for safety. Having a bunch of trained weekend warrior types (I'm assuming the National Guard is something like our Territorial Army?) would undermine them. Plus, as we saw having those men "eaten by walkers" because they were outside the walls is an effective object lesson for the civvies.

I should probably mention how much I'm liking how they're characterising Michonne. Of course by this point in the comics there had been more time to get to know her so she's not *quite* the slightly-schizo-super-ninja she was there...yet. Still, I thing the actress has got the whole "coiled spring/caged jaguar" attitude down pretty well.
Reverend is online now   Reply With Quote