Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D - free admission
Paranormal Activity 3: Unrated Director's Cut - DVD
Alex Cross - matinee
The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training - DVD
The Bad News Bears Go to Japan - DVD
An American Werewolf in London (1981) - free admission
Paranormal Activity 4 - free admission
Bad News Bears (2005) - DVD

Just finished the BNB remake with Billy Bob Thorton as the coach of the little league Bears.

Not a great movie, sticks pretty close to the original with Walter Mathau. Most of the changes seemed to be cosmetic ones.

Still, it was part of the four DVD set, so I watched it.

I've got a pass to see The Sessions this week, and a plan to see Cloud Atlas. Gonna have to check out Chasing Mavericks and Fun Size, since I can get into 'em both for free, though the commercials I saw the other day didn't interest me much. Maybe the movies will be better than the promotions department knows how to show?

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
... I can't believe this is the same Ben Affleck who was in movies like Giji (Which I have never seen)...
If ya haven't seen it, why bring it up? Just 'cause ya heard it was bad & it was made while he was bein' mocked for his relationship with Jennifer Lopez?

Not that I'm defendin' Gigli, it was a steamin' pile, but it'd be like me sayin', "I can't believe Tom Hanks would be nominated for so many Oscars and even win a couple after he made The Man with One Red Shoe, which I haven't seen, but, really, who did?"

What I like about the Argo promotion is that it follows the evolution of Ben Affleck's credit as a director. When Gone Baby Gone was bein' released, the trailers didn't mention he was the director. It turned out to be a decent success, so he went on to director The Town, which the trailers specified "From the Director of Gone Baby Gone" but still didn't mention Ben Affleck by name, except as the film's star. And it was a pretty big success. And then the trailers for Argo finally mention, "From Ben Affleck, Director of The Town..." That was amusin' to me.

Last edited by od0_ital; October 30 2012 at 02:01 AM.
od0_ital is offline   Reply With Quote