View Single Post
Old October 27 2012, 04:29 AM   #1122
mswood
Rear Admiral

Re: THE HOBBIT (2012/2013): News, Rumors, Pics Till Release

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
Chris3123 wrote: View Post
Peter Jackson reveals the approximate running time for An Unexpected Journey:

ďItís looking like itís going to be about ten minutes shorter than Fellowship was," explains Jackson. "So itís going to be officially our shortest Middle-earth yet. I mean, Fellowship was just under three hours and this is about 2 hours 40 minutes at the moment.Ē

The "at the moment" refers to the fact that the credits hadn't yet been added and not all effects shots finalised when we spoke to Jackson, but it's going to be close.
Empire

That's pretty much what I was expecting.
You could tell the entire Hobbit novel in two hours and forty minutes. Seriously, he's going to do three movies on The Hobbit that are going to clock in at at least eight hours? Oh, but of course, Peter Jackson is a genius. The same genius who decided to take a ninety-minute movie in King Kong and turn into into a bloated, three-hour-plus "epic."
Utter bullshit.

Of course thats why the unabridged recording of the Hobbit is over 11 hours long.

Sure you can speed read through the Hobbit very quickly if you wished, but you wouldn't be doing it at a speed that reflected how fast people move and actions take or how people actually speak.